Please note corrections for our #3054 Eagle Club February online news:
- The “sweet, fun & delicious” Valentine Dinner is on Saturday, February 13th.
An awesome Chicken Alfredo Dinner from 6 to 8pm with great fanfare, sweet decor, music and followed by karaoke!
Come on down and “feel the love!”
- Texas Hold ‘em Poker is Saturday, Feb. 6th
Headhunter Poker is Sunday, Feb. 21st
My apologizes for the errors and any confusion. Mailed copies are not correct. However, online and Club wall calendar are now correct.
— Your Editor
Our club newsletter…
February 2016 Issaquah Squawk
click to download the PDF
This Friday, January 1, 7pm
Bonnie Van Valkenberg will be serving a
includes: Salad, Garlic Bread, and Dessert
Come on down to the club for a festive evening!
Our club newsletter…
January 2016 Issaquah Squawk
click to download the PDF
Hey, where am I?
You’ve landed on the (fairly) new Issaquah Eagles web site! Read all about it here.
Save our Club money, be green and keep current!
The online newsletter is in full color and always available. You can find it on this site, and you can also have a link emailed each month as soon as the newsletter is published. The link will give you instant information, updates and…in color! Plus…It’s easy to ready and print!
If you have not already done so, simply fill out this form we’ll make sure you get an email each month when the newsletter is up – along with any other special Club notices and events.
Here is a link to a gallery of all the photos I took at this year’s Kids’ Christmas Party.
Special Thanks to…
- Jon Knight & Tara Cote for… ho-ho-ho… you know!
- JoAnn McHollan, Jan Gustafson, Phyllis Laughlin & Donna DeRosa for the party and Santa goodies
- Corrie Beckvold, John Schneider and Lowes of Isaquah for the wonderful chimney & decor
- Jim & Lisa Curtis for the pizza and fried chicken
- and Santa and everyone else who put together the party!
Friday December 18, 6:00pm
Santa arrives at 6:30pm
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Get your picture taken with Santa!
Check back here for photos approx. 48 hrs. later.
(Photos from previous years are right here.)
HO! HO! HO!
Woo hoo! Things are rollin’ bigtime for our Club’s
Shop Local Holiday Open House on Saturday, Nov. 28th – 11am to 5pm!
If you are not familiar with this annual event to promote local businesses and community, go here.
Current Update of things happening that day:
Open to the public – 11am to 5pm
(Looking for Aerie/Aux. volunteers to “host” 1 to 2 hour shifts.)
Free Hot Dogs!
Dave Rogers will ensure we have dogs, buns, condiments and Hot Dog cooker/other. Rumor has it Steve Young is donating the dogs & buns!!! Tom Tooley will be cooking. (Looking for some addl. help/servers.)
Hot Cider – $1 – Benefiting our FOE Kids’ Club
(Darci, Leesa, others…anyone have a couple good shots of Kids’ Club functions I can post?)
Winter Coat & Blanket Drive
Benefiting the Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank and Eastside Baby Corner
(Box out accepting new and gently-used coast and blankets – all sizes and ages)
- Leesa Nelson – Advocate confirmed!
- Kim Boyd – knit caps confirmed!
- Sue Vetter – Shimmering Chic Creations – jewelry confirmed!
- Robin Spicer – art, prints, tees, other confirmed!
- Chris & Margaret Lapcevich – copper fish yard art/wreaths?
FOE Headhunter Poker 1:30pm plus…of course, football and hangin’ with friends!
- Spicer will handle in-house and outside signage/flyers, and has secured/paid for a small ad in next week’s Issaquah Press within their “SHOP SMALL” promotions.
- Additional FREE promos from “ Shop Issaquah/Local” sponsors. (Downtown Issaquah Assoc., Chamber of Commerce, Gilman Village, The Issaquah Press, Issaquah Highlands Council and others)
- A Basket Raffle to benefit a Club Charity?
- Donation of homemade or store-bought holiday cookies to hand out for free to kids (on Kids’ Club table)
Please pass on to any member you think may want to sell/promote (have room for 1 or 2 more) or who might assist with any set-up or hosting of Membership/Sign-in table.
Thanks all for helping to make our Club look like a fun, friendly, welcoming, active, charitable and vital part of downtown and our community!
David Rogers & Robin Spicer, Co-Chairs
This new site contains all of the content from the old site, but more organized, in a more pleasing format.
If, for any reason, you wish to view the old site, you may do so here.
The new site uses WordPress software, a hugely popular content management system (CMS). A CMS makes it easy for people to add or change content without having to know anything about web design or technology. Even people who understand the technology very well choose to use a CMS because it is faster and less error-prone than doing everything from scratch.
The old site used Yahoo SiteBuilder, which is obsolete, half-baked, and very difficult to use. The new site is still hosted by Yahoo, but we can maintain the site without having to interact with Yahoo’s poor tools.
With WordPress we get some more site features right from the start:
- You can comment on posts
- The whole site is searchable
- You can sign up for the newsletter mailing list
- You can subscribe to receive email when the site is updated
Where To Next?
Now that the site is in WordPress, we can add content more frequently. When I say “we”, I mean club officers, trustees, employees, and other responsible volunteers such as myself. When I say “content”, I mean any of the following:
- News items. Just like the newsletter items, but can be posted more frequently and corrected when necessary.
- Useful info. For example, I made a roster of club officers, and pages about regularly scheduled meals and gaming. (Yes, this info is in the newsletter also.)
- Links to other places. For example, I have posted links to galleries containing my photos from Officer Installations and Kid’s Christmas Parties.
We may be able to have an interactive calendar on the site.
We could start to phase out the newsletter in favor of more frequent postings to the site.
Questions? Suggestions? Feedback?
Contact Rob Gilde at email@example.com
The new officers and trustees were installed in a ceremony this past Saturday, June 6, 2015.
The list of new officers is here.
The full gallery of photos from the ceremony are here.
Congratulations to all the new officers and trustees!